Please note the ranking system that will be used to determine season champions:
– Points (Win = 3 pts, Tie = 1 pts, Loss = 0 pts)
– GD (Goal differential)
– GA (Least amount of goals allowed)
– GF (Goals for)
– Players should play in their Sports Creek team shirts or approved jerseys
– A team may only suit up as many players per game as is on their roster
– Wristbands must be worn at ALL times during the field of play
– Rosters are final by the second week
– Team fees are due by the second week (All payments from a team or individual are non-refundable. Any issues can be discussed with the league manager)
– Weekly Guest Players are not permitted to play in playoffs
– Weekly Guest Players must pay $10/game per player
– All players MUST sign the WAIVER including Weekly Guest Players
– Each additional player over the 12 player roster is $40; 15 max players
– Top 4 teams will play in playoffs
– Each team’s roster will be printed
– Players must be checked in with an ID
– Players must have signed team waiver for current season prior to Game 2.
– A team may only suit up as many players per game as they paid for
– Players must play in their Sports Creek shirts or approved by League Manager; if not, it is up to the opposing team captain whether they are permitted to play; Pennies will not be provided
– If a tie results in a semi-final or final, a winner must be determined by: Penalty Kicks best of 5 (3 males and 2 females in any order) and then Sudden Death of alternating gender and player.
What is not covered in this league’s rules will be covered by latest version of FIFA Rules and interpreted by referee. Below, you will find the rules that every player needs to know:
– No more than 5 males on the field (including Keeper)
– Min 5 players (at least 1 female) on the field to start the game.
– Each team must provide a game ball (Size 5); Ball rentals available for $5, there is no ball boy/girl during games. Subs on the sideline are encouraged to help fetch balls.
– Forfeit after 15 mins if team is unable to field a team. At 10 min mark, waiting team is awarded a penalty kick.
– Yellow card results in 2 minute “cooling off” period – team may sub player
– Red card results in immediate dismissal – team must play short
– Red card for dangerous play / physical altercation results in 1 game suspension
– Any action towards an opponent with intention to physically hurt the player may result in suspension for the rest of the season or further suspension from Sports Creek.
– Shin guards optional (at your own discretion)
– Female goals count for 2 (excluding penalty kicks)
– No sliding, except for Keeper in the box
– No off sides
– Teams may sub on the fly at any time. The player leaving the field must be off the field before a new player enters the field.
– Out of bounds on side lines are kick-ins; ball must be behind or on line and at a stopped position
– Free Kicks are indirect, 7 yards
– Defensive player must give 3 yards for side line kick-ins and corners
– A foul in the defensive teams box, including a slide, awards a penalty kick to the opposition.
– Penalty Kicks are direct; opposing team must be 3 yards outside goalie box
– All own goals count for 1; If an offensive girl’s shot is deemed “on target” but takes a deflection into the goal it counts for 2.
– Goal kicks are indirect; opposing team must be 3 yards outside goalie box
– Corner Kicks are direct
– Back-Pass results in an indirect kick (deliberate pass played with the foot back to goalie excludes knee, shin, thigh, head, miskick)
– Goalies may not touch the ball with their hands after it has been released into play
– A ball that only partially crosses the goal line is still in play and does not count as a goal
– Goalies may score on drop kicks while ball has been in play
– If the ball touches the referee or another match official and goes into the goal, or results in a change of possession or a promising attack, a dropped ball will be awarded.
– Time wasting may result in a warning or yellow card; players are encouraged to keep the pace of the game as intended
DISCRETION OF THE REFEREE
– Decisions will be made to the best of the referee`s ability according to the Rules of the Game and the ‘spirit of the game’ and will be based on the opinion of the referee who has the discretion to take appropriate action within the framework of the rules of the Game.
– The decisions of the referee regarding facts connected with play, including whether or not a goal is scored and the result of the match, are final. The decisions of the referee, must always be respected.
GAME DAY FORFEIT RULES
(1) 1st forfeit – $100 paid before next game or will not be able to play
(2) 2nd forfeit – $100 (in addition to 1st forfeit) paid before next game or will not be able to play(3) 3rd forfeit – team will no longer be able to play for the current season or future season without paying $100 for the 3rd forfeit
MINIMUM 24 HOUR NOTICE FORFEIT RULES
(1) 1st forfeit – $50 paid before next game or will not be able to play
(2) 2nd forfeit – $50 (in addition to 1st forfeit) paid before next game or will not be able to play(3) 3rd forfeit – team will no longer be able to play for the current season or future season without paying $50 for the 3rd forfeit
– To avoid these fees you may bring guest players during the regular season at current guest fee price or notify league manager to assist filling a squad
– Playoffs carry the same forfeit fees as above; if notified with at minimum 48 hour notice the top non-playoff team during the regular season will take place of the team who forfeits
SCHEDULE (*subject to change due to weather, corporate event, etc)
– If teams are not suited and ready for their kickoff time there will NOT be added time to the half. It is up to the refs discretion.
– If games are not started on time due a ref not fielded, there will be additional added minutes.
Season champions may choose 1 of the 3 options:
– $100 Team Credit for Future Season
– $50 Bar Tab
– Championship Shirts